Saturday, 9 November 2013

Wow what a big feeling BITCH

Sharon Hill @IDoubtIt 11h
I feel honored to be giving a talk here on #CarlSagan day.
instagram.com/p/ggKW0UPoEs/
View details ·

T. Desertyard @desertyard 11h
@IDoubtIt Woooo!
View conversation ·

David Raymond Amos @DavidRayAmos 49m
@desertyard @IDoubtIt @DavidRayAmos @RCMPNB Wow are you people ever
nasty but two can play your game
thedavidamosrant.blogspot.ca/2013/11/please… Meet the COPS
View conversation ·

David Raymond Amos
@DavidRayAmos
@desertyard @IDoubtIt @RCMPNB @DavidRayAmos Trust that I know alot
about Norway Nato Salmon and oil industries too
thedavidamosrant.blogspot.ca/2013/11/since-
12:59 a.m. Sun, Nov 10
https://mobile.twitter.com/IDoubtIt

Sharon Hill
@ IDoubtIt
Pennsylvania
Independent writer and researcher, specializing in effective
skepticism, science, media & the public. Editor of DoubtfulNews.com
flavors.me/idoubtit


David Raymond Amos
@DavidRayAmos
@desertyard @IDoubtIt @RCMPNB @DavidRayAmos NATO
thedavidamosrant.blogspot.ca/2013/10/yo-sco… BTW I hate the SPCA you
are you people to say I am their informant?
1:02 a.m. Sun, Nov 10

David Raymond Amos
@DavidRayAmos
@desertyard @IDoubtIt @RCMPNB @DavidRayAmos Well bitch if ya wanna
libel me some more say hoka hey to the FBI first
thedavidamosrant.blogspot.ca/2013/09/please
1:10 a.m. Sun, Nov 10



David Raymond Amos @DavidRayAmos 22m
@desertyard @IDoubtIt @RCMPNB @DavidRayAmos More Nato and RCMP etc
thedavidamosrant.blogspot.ca/2013/09/hmmm-d
View conversation ·



David Raymond Amos
@DavidRayAmos
@desertyard @IDoubtIt @RCMPNB @DavidRayAmos BTW this is the first
thing I want to discuss with YOUR Yankee cop pals
thedavidamosrant.blogspot.ca/2013/10/re-gle


http://flavors.me/idoubtit/#758/custom_plain

http://idoubtit.wordpress.com/2012/11/21/when-you-attract-the-not-so-welcome-attention/

When you attract the not-so-welcome attention…
Nov 21
Posted by idoubtit
Every time I get an email about something I've written or an inquiry
from other researchers, I have a moment of surprise that someone is
actually paying attention to something I did. Even those small things
are rewarding because it demonstrates they have given thought to my
words and, beyond that, have taken the time to tell me so. I love when
it's positive since it's far more motivating to want to write when
you're mad. So, the happy notes do make me very happy. Even the
constructive criticism, framed in a professional way, is also
appreciated. That's important and necessary feedback. Besides most of
the blog comments from people telling me I'm an idiot and don't know
what I'm talking about, there have been other cases where the
attention has not been welcome.

I have not had the best exchanges with the Bigfoot/cryptozoology
community. On one particular Bigfoot blog that is unmoderated, I've
experienced the typical base commentary from a small number of
pathetic men behind their keyboards. It was clear they didn't much
care for the opinions of a skeptical woman. A few other Bigfoot types
have made similar sexist comments. I've also been called a "scoftic"
(scoffer+skeptic), of course, with the "unbeliever" label stressed to
pre-color my work (or poison the well, if you will), and had my
picture included in commentary for added effect. No big deal. I do my
stuff. If they don't like it, if they don't like my opinion, or if
they don't like that it's coming from a woman, I do not give a damn.
If I whined and made a fuss about every time someone put me down or
some dude made what MIGHT be construed as a sexist comment, I'd get
nothing constructive done.

Along with the occasional crank emails (which are often VERY amusing)
and the Mabus harassment (which was not), there are those out of the
ordinary moments that make me pause and wonder about people.

After I had a letter to the editor published in my local paper
regarding the asinine "Year of the Bible" resolution passed in my
state, I received a card at my home address inviting me to seek Jesus.
No harm done but someone took the time to find me which was a little
weird.

Just recently, I received a call on my home phone. The person, a man,
gave me his name, told me to look him up on Google. Meanwhile, he
talked constantly for about 10 minutes, rambling on about various
topics of conspiracy. He had found me via a story I had written for
Doubtful News. He told me that he had additional information that I
would be interested in and told me more. But it made little sense, was
delivered in a fairly incoherent (even though he was very articulate)
stream of ideas, and, clearly, I wasn't grasping the point. When I
asked what he wanted from me, he went deeper into government
conspiracy mode. Then, he revealed he "knew" where I lived and had
passed through there frequently. Finally, after nearly 20 minutes I
stopped him again to ask just WHAT he wanted me to do about this.
That's when he gave up and said "Nevermind" because it was obvious I
"didn't care". It's not that I didn't care, it was that I don't have
time to listen to run on stories that have no basis in fact. And I
didn't invite you to call my home and tell me about it. Since I do not
give my home number out to people, it is invasive to call me at there
and assume I'll be open to talking to you. To suggest you "know" where
I live is also threatening and a warped thing to say. How did you
think I was going to react?

Soon after, I discovered this guy is a known and rather notorious
annoyance to officials and media people for many years now. That
actually made me feel better since he's not been arrested for actually
committing a crime. I'm not the only one he bugs, he just does this.

Yesterday, I received a nonthreatening email from someone who has been
watching the Virtual Skeptics webcast and has been conducting an
unofficial experiment on me. He is attempting to communicate
telepathically during the broadcasts. Of course this was unbeknownst
to me. According to his conclusions, I have demonstrated that I am
"telepathically aware". Well, gee. That's nice. Wish I'd known.

The truth is I'm not. I don't think there is a psychic sense that can
transcend physical laws of time and distance and be uninhibited by
environmental conditions.

I don't want to participate in your experiment, thanks. There are
professionals who can help you with that.

If you want me to assist you in some way, don't enlist me into your
plans. ASK nicely.

When I send my thoughts, ideas and personal information out there into
the internet, I don't know where it's going to land. It might hit some
fertile mind and grow a new idea. I have no control over what people
do with it. That's scary. Some outspoken people have gotten MUCH worse
treatment, I know. But, you must accept that there is some bad that
come with the good in order to make a difference.

I can control that exchange to a point. But not entirely.

If your idea prompts someone to make a positive change, that's ideal.
But sometimes, it just rubs someone the wrong way or they see it in
ways you never even anticipated. Be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments here